Sanderling Waldorf School is a thriving educational community serving nearly 200 students from pre-school through eighth grade in the seaside town of Carlsbad, California. If you are looking to join a Waldorf school with a highly respected faculty and staff that enjoys the support of dedicated, loving families, please get to know us!
Sanderling is located a few miles from the ocean, and about 20-30 minutes north of San Diego. The average temperature is 72 ºF (22.2 ºC) year-round. Our coastline offers 75 miles of beautiful beaches, hiking trails, botanical gardens, nearby mountains and deserts. The area offers a variety of natural foods markets, alternative healthcare practitioners, and organic farms, as well as a local branch of the Anthroposophical Society and the Waldorf Institute of Southern California (a Waldorf teacher training program).
We welcome a letter of intent addressing why you wish to be employed at Sanderling Waldorf School. In addition to your resumé, please include a short biography providing further insights about you, and three professional references. Email your references and documents to our Business Administrator Brian Wolff and state the position you would like to be considered for in the subject line.
Sanderling Waldorf School is committed to increasing and supporting diversity in all of its forms in employment and in our programs.
Current Open Positions
Sanderling Waldorf School has an immediate opening for a Pedagogical Administrator.
The Pedagogical Administrator is an integral part of the school’s Threefold Structure acting as the school’s pedagogical guide, overseeing processes that ensure the school’s pedagogical quality, consistency, coherence, and continuity. This key role is responsible for the success of the school’s pedagogical program. The Pedagogical Administrator works closely with the Steering Committee, Pedagogical Development Committee, Faculty, Early Childhood Representative, Business Administrator and the Board of Directors to plan and implement the pedagogical and administrative objectives of the school community. This key role is responsible for the success of the school’s pedagogical program.
The Pedagogical Administrator inspires a culture of collaborative initiative by means of servant leadership and ensures that the faculty addresses matters of prime importance necessary for the effective functioning and the overall health of the school. The Pedagogical Administrator works with the faculty to help ensure compliance with established policies, procedures, practices, and agreements, and to initiate corrective procedures as appropriate in addition to these responsibilities below, Pedagogical Administrator should have a presence at school/class events and festivals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to understand, accept, and promote the cultural values of this Waldorf School, including the teachings of Rudolf Steiner and Anthroposophical concepts.
• Skills to guide and support the faculty through processes of organizational and cultural change.
• Demonstrated ability to balance competing demands and satisfy the conflicting needs of a multi-client based constituency with tact, diplomacy, and humor.
• Demonstrated commitment to collaboration, objectivity, relationship and consensus building as well as conflict resolution.
• Timely, well organized, and able to effectively manage multiple projects, and have excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities and maintain accountability.
• Ability to convert strategies into effective operational activities and achievements in a timely manner.
EDUCATION AND RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
• Waldorf training and teaching experience, preferably in multiple areas (Early Childhood, Grades, Specialty Subjects and/or High School) with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a classroom setting.
• Previous successful leadership experience in a Waldorf context, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
• Strong and active relationship to Anthroposophy.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent.
A detailed job description is available upon request. This is an 80 to 100% FTE position. To learn more about our school, please visit us at our website at sanderlingwaldorf.org
Interested candidate should email cover letter, resume and three professional references to Jeano Erforth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experience the Waldorf Kindergarten at Sanderling
The Early Childhood Department is seeking qualified substitutes to assist in classes this year. This is an opportunity to work with Sanderling's amazing Kindergarten Teachers and Staff. These substitutes will need the following:
CPR&First Aid, Live Scan Fingerprints, 12 ECE Units (6 minimum to start when enrolled in classes), Proof of MMR and Tdap Immunity and Optional Flu Vaccine (per CA law SB-792).
If you feel drawn to this work but do not currently have the necessary qualifications, we encourage you to take steps to make this possible. Please submit your applications and questions to Maria Delaney, Office Manager by email to: email@example.com. You may also contact our office at 760-635-3747.